(Website under construction)
A new audiophile-grade preamplifier, with a few new tricks under its hood. It combines an analog-domain volume control "engine" with 2 switch (input selector) techologies: analog and digital (spdif).
The Audio Controller 3 can add remote control for input selection at the digital stage, for those systems that prefer to stay all digital as long as possible in the audio chain. The system is designed to work as a volume control for both active-crossover based systems (as a multi-ganged volume control) in addition to being a conventional volume control for single amp/single speaker systems and mains/subs configurations.
Of course there is the usual analog input selection, but combine with digital spdif optical and coaxial i/o and you now have what we call Virtual Ports. Name them and describe their input paths (which switches they cross) and you can then simply select them by name and the system will know which switches to engage and in the proper order.
(Tentative) Feature List
- System supports 3 stereo volume control "engines" that can be used as linked combinations or as 6 mono individually fadable channels. System software provides a master volume control that links any/all of the 3 stereo or 6 mono channels.
- Ease of use has been a high priority and so there are both button and knob controls and both have their place in our advanced user interface.
- Remote control is provided via multiple methods: a learning infrared receiver module, a rear-panel USB port for computer/web/wireless remote and even a simple CLI (command line interface) over USB/serial.
- System is modular and designed to allow expansion to additional boxes (eg, switches) via i2c cabling.
- Multiple display technologies available including LCD and OLED (several colors available in both types).
- Settable volume "window" lets you customize the range of volume and the "stops" on both ends of the volume knob.
- Sleep timer is user settable.
- Menu system allows wide range of user customization.
- Display shows selected input name, volume bargraph, volume numbers and can cycle between various display modes and even a "bigfonts" mode for easier distance viewing. Display can be shut off at user command to reduce visual distractions.
Many more features. Stay tuned for when the real website goes live ;)
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org